Discover new recipes and friends. Bookmark your favorites and share your own. It's time to start baking happy!
1 1/4 cups MAYA cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
4 eggs, separated
1/2 cup mango juice
1/4 cup oil
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 cup sugar
3 medium-size mangoes, chopped
1/4 cup mango jam
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
1/3 cup water
1 1/2 cups all-purpose cream, chilled
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 cup mango ice cream, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare two 9-inch round pans.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
3. Make a well at the center and add the eggyolks, mango juice and oil. Blend until smooth.
4. In a separate bowl, beat eggwhites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar and continue beating until stiff but not dry.
5. Fold into the beaten eggyolks mixture.
6. Pour into the pans and bake until cake springs back when lightly touched.
7. Immediately invert into a wire rack. Cool completely.
8. Prepare Filling: Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and boil once. Strain and cool.
9. Prepare Frosting: Soften gelatin in water and heat to dissolve completely. Cool.
10. Whip the cream until fluffy then add the sugar. Beat until stiff. Fold in the gelatin. Beat in the ice cream.
11. Set aside 1/4 of mixture for piping out borders.
12. To the rest add the strained filling.
13. To Assemble: Put one cake layer on a base or plate. Spread with mango filling. Top with the second cake layer.
14. Frost the top and side of the cake.
15. Pide out decorative borders.
16. Thicken the mango syrup (from strained mangoes) with dissolved cornstarch and use this to decorate the cake. Chill cake before serving.